Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide
Don’t count on symptoms of carbon monoxide to warn you: It’s colorless, odorless, and tasteless, although it is usually found with exhaust gases and fumes. If you smell fumes or feel any of the following symptoms, you should assume that carbon monoxide is present.
- *Shut off the cabin heater or any other opening to the engine compartment.
- *Open a fresh air source immediately.
- *Don’t smoke.
- *Use oxygen if available.
- *Land as soon as possible.
- *Be sure the source of the contamination is corrected before further flight.